1. A gentleman cat has an immaculate shirt front and paws at all times.
2. A gentleman cat allows no constraint of his person, even when it is loving and well meant.
3. A gentleman cat does not meow except in extremity; he makes his wishes known and waits.
4. When addressed, a gentleman cat does not move a muscle. He looks as though he hasn't heard.
5. If he should be frightened, a gentleman cat looks bored.
6. Unless he is directly concerned, a gentleman cat takes no interest in other people's business.
7. A gentleman cat does not hurry towards an objective, or looks as though he wants just one thing: it is not polite.
8. A gentleman cat approaches food slowly, no matter how hungry he is, and decides from at least three feet away whether it is 'good', 'fair', 'passable', or 'unworthy'. If it is unworthy, he pretends to scratch earth over it.
9. A gentleman cat shows his gratitude for a worthy meal by licking the plate so clean that it looks as though it has been washed.
10. A gentleman cat is never hasty when choosing a housekeeper.
Model is my little Gentleman...Mikey